Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Take your kids to work day

Take your kids to work day was a very good learning experience. My mom is a nurse she works at a nursing home. For the first few hours she showed me how her job works. I watched her feed the patients, give medicine, change their bedsheets and more. Before she started her job the woman that had the morning shift explained to my mom how her shift went. She explained how the patients were doing, doses of medicine, etc. A thing that I found interesting was that each patient had his or her own box and in front of the box was the patient's picture. Inside it was there medicine. My mom had the afternoon shift so I was there for four hours( 3:00-7:00). Take your kids to work day was very helpful because at first I didn't like my moms job but now I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment